President's Strategic Plan
The Rotary club of Fountain Valley seeks to improve the quality of life in our community and beyond through the actions and generosity of its members.
Helping people form social bonds while strengthening their community, with a special emphasis on the welfare and development of youth.
Strategic Goals and Action Items
• Increase membership
• Invite local business leaders, journalists, and public officials to speak at club meetings. Promote Club membership and ask for referrals. Ongoing action.
• Designate the 2nd Tuesday of each month as an evening meeting to be held at Ozzie’s Sports Bar and Lounge inside of Fountain Bowl at 5:30 pm. Ongoing action.
• Publish advance notice of fundraising and award events in the Fountain Valley Living Magazine and other Social Media. Invite the public.
• Calendar all events and send notice two months in advance. Increase Financial Resources
• In months where there is 5 Tuesdays, hold an evening Wine Tasting and Appetizer event to raise fund for the club and enjoy social time with club, their spouses and guests.
• Visit Thomas House Shelter 3 times during the course of the Rotary Year to serve dinner and play team building games with the children.
• Continue our Most Improved Student, Teacher of the Year and Every Student Succeeding Programs.
• Fund projects for local schools through our fundraising efforts
• Start and maintain an Interact Club for High School Students so they can join us in providing service to the community,
Increase Member participation
• Assign every member a task or committee by 30 September of each year.
• Make all feel wanted and important.
• Celebrate our successes.
• Email every member a recap of every meeting and event.
Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Dr. Mark Johnson